Developers Should Not Write Programs That Call sun Packages
Recently I have a big
f*cking bug because I forgot this LAW.
Please developers, I saw in my search many and many examples in especial regarding base64 conversions and other stuffs using
sun.* packages. AVOID this !
Please read the article below:
Why Developers Should Not Write Programs That Call ‘sun’ Packages
You will find some warnings like:
- Different across OS platforms
- One release to another, these classes may be removed
- No documentation available for the sun.* classes
- Java program that directly calls into sun.* packages is not guaranteed to work
- Programs that contain direct calls to the sun.* packages are not 100% Pure Java
I’ll put here some easy example using
apache libs to do a base64 conversion!